
Process them through a chicken!
My neighbour's allotment neighbour (still with me?) is ill at the moment so his friends are rallying round and keeping his plot in good nick. Neighbour returned with a barrow load of weeds and the chickens are delighted to help!

It's mainly chickweed, not called that for nothing! I sifted out the bits of 'volunteer' potato
haulm, and bindweed and such, and the remaining weeds are ripped across several times as I don't want any stuck crop problems. As you can see it's 'up-tails all' until the green food is cleared.
4 comments:
Glad to see the girls are taking their role as Under-Gardeners seriously.
Are you getting 4 eggs a day now?
We've had 4 eggs a day for about 4 weeks now Bilbo. They are lovely girls too - very nice temperament.
one of my daughters neighbours has been and bought a cockrel (can't spell for the life of me today!), to go with his flock of chickens. Sarah say's it's a noisey devil, and wonders why he has it.
I wonder too! One of my neighbours was disappointed I didn't intend to get a cockerel. I said she could get one if she liked, and the girls could visit. Needless to say, she didn't. And she's pretty deaf too!
Post a Comment