It's raining seeds!

A rather fuzzy picture taken through the garden room window, shows the chickens enjoying the bits the sparrows drop (or deliberately chuck out!). It's like chicken occupational therapy. They rush up excitedly every time the little birds visit the feeder.
Must clean garden room windows!

4 comments:
I like that - chickens getting exercise and food at the same time. If I thought that happened at our local gym I might be tempted!
I have noticed that of all the birds visiting our feeders, it's mainly the great tit that takes a seed and chucks it on the floor then takes another to feed - Percy the pigeon loves this, as do the chaffinches and dunnocks.
At least it is only raining seeds upon your girls.
Here is it raining water, leaves, broken twigs from trees and anything else light enough to be picked up by the wind and then thrown down again.
How are the girls now that the weather is changing?
They don't seem bothered by the weather at all Bilbo. It helps that they have a roof over the run now, so there's always dry scratching material. This morning they were dust bathing although the ground everywhere else was damp.
Post a Comment