
After recent high winds the village is full of fallen leaves. I thought the chickies would enjoy a bit more litter to scratch in so after this morning's session with our village In Bloom group, I wandered up the lane with the wheelbarrow and filled it with autumn leaves.

While the ladies were out in their little 'field' I added the leaf litter to their run. When they got back they spent ages trampling it down to crispy bits and scratting in it. A great success, I think. I may go back next week for another barrow load.
3 comments:
Hen heaven is indeed a pile of leaves :-)
Celia
How wonderful, and when the girls have finished with it, your compost heap will love you!
Autumn has arrived in the Rockies--hello from Colorado--and leaves have begun to fall. By this time next week we should have enough for our three chickens to play in, plus more for our lasagna garden.
Post a Comment