'Ahem. A naughty rooster did it and ran away!'
Ohh, Topaz loves gravel! It must be full of little crawly things to eat because she can't see a gravel path without wanting to scratch it all up. I thought my greenhouse windows had had it - the greenhouse is surrounded on 2 sides by gravel which flew in the air and cracked ominously as the chickens hurled it against the glass.
6 comments:
I enjoy you Chicken Blog great therapy for a former chicken person. I just finished building a small coop and plan to have a small flock of Bantams next year. Keep up the good work.
Black gold indeed (well, very dark brown gold), much aided by daily contributions from the Rock Chicks
Good luck with the banties Dale. Small but full of personality eh? A friend in the village has some.
Yes indeed Bilbo - the more you feed them, the more they contribute!
With the chicken poo being a compost activator, did the compost take less time than previously to 'brew'? Or is it a case of never mind the time, feel the quality?
It does break down faster Hazel. This lot has been brewing since spring. I would normally not get anything useful until a year had passed.
Hazel, I think it's "poo" in general - the compost bins to which I added cow muck from the local farmer have broken down much quicker and better than I would normally expect.
Post a Comment