
Ruby and Amber take a walk around the wildflower meadow which has been shorn a couple of times. They have a tendency to follow trousers around because you can often cadge something to eat!

Himself was relaxing with the remains of a cuppa when Ruby decided to investigate.

Chickens apparently like tea!

Their 'job' for the day was to scratch up the thatch of moss that has formed in amongst the grasses and wild flowers. Amber (paler in colour) and Topaz however, thought there were better pickings in the borders. They might be right. Amber came up with a huge slug and was duly chased around the grass with it till she managed to get it down her neck. It took her longer to wipe her beak clean from the slug 'glue' than it did to demolish the morsel. You can just see her little bald bum - she's moulting at the moment.
4 comments:
does Ruby take sugar?
No - and not much milk either!
Hello, I've just found your blog and read it from the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I have some girls too.. well 16 of them... they are so entertaining aren't they. I shall be following your blog from now on.
Welcome to my blog, dragonfly. I wish I had room for 16!
Post a Comment