Saturday, 8 August 2009

Chicken cuddles

The minute the girlies got out of their run today they scampered over to their 'field'.

I sat on the chair in there and immediately I was over-run with chickens! Topaz was first up (as usual) and in my face.




She had her beady eye on my ear-rings which must have looked edible.



She pushed off when they didn't turn out to be as delicious as she hoped, and gentle Ruby settled down to be stroked. Amber sat on the chair arm to muscle in but got fed up too and cleared off to do some serious scratching.


Great, got the knee to myself. Down a bit. You've missed a bit. Ahhhh! The pleasures of being stroked!



Ok, thanks for the cuddle - I'll be off now.



I went inside for my knitting and settled down outside their enclosure (or they stand on my wool and make the knitting come out funny colours!). When it went suspiciously quiet I got up to check what they were doing. While everyone else was up for a cuddle, Garnet was systematically digging a nice cool hole! They all settled down in it to dust bath and wing-flap.

She's watching us again - look busy!

4 comments:

BilboWaggins said...

love the last two photos, they look like very happy girls.

Sewing Granny said...

I didn't know that chickens liked 'cuddles' - what amazing creatures they are!

QuiltSue said...

They are so funny, loved the photos of them, specially when they had been tucking into yoghurt.

Matron said...

Ahh yes! I experienced this when Tikka and Korma came to stay. Out on the patio for a cup of tea and a bikkie, and before long the girls were sprinting over and up on my lap for... well, anything I had on offer!