I used most of an overblown courgette to make a marrow chutney a couple of days ago, and the chickens tackled the remainder. I cut it into slices and they pecked it away from the middle outwards. I expected to find the rinds but they ate them too!
Rather a contrasty shot but all four were nestling in dusty hollows they had gouged. When I came out with the camera, Topaz ran up to see if it was edible, but I've caught the other 3 playing 'dead chickens' on what used to pass for grass!

2 comments:
When you called this blog Hen HEAVEN you could not have been more accurate.
It is wonderful to see how contented and happy your girls are, and what a great life they have with you. I do hope that when we get chooks I can look after them as well as you do.
I'm sure you can Bilbo. They aren't hard work and amuse themselves (and us!) for hours.
Post a Comment