After a protracted design session a couple of days ago, Himself was awake for several hours last night re-designing from scratch.
The good news is - it will take much less time to build. It will be tall enough to walk in (and take a chair in and play with the hens and share my lunch with them - they are welcome to the lettuce from my sandwich).
The bad news is - the new design has to gestate for a few days, no materials will be bought this weekend. He won't start it till March becasue it's too wet underfoot at the moment.
D'oh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
March is good time to get pullets. Have you got birds ordered or are you adopting ex-bats?
Celia
I'm intending to start with some POL puppets which I can get locally. I love the idea of ex-bats but I feel I need the confidence of handling and looking after hens that don't have the added problems the rescue hens bring. When I know what I'm doing, then I'll try some rescues. We have a free range farm nearby that local people get hens from. Just like the battery girls, they are dispensed with after a season as they aren't financially viable after that. Seems such a shame.
I'm sure it will be fabulous and am looking forward to seeing what ideas I need to copy (imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all that!!)
(PS: what sort of eggs do puppets lay - are they different from the ones you get from pullets?)
D'oh! Puppets are the ones that like a gottle of gear!
Is it not obvious?
Monday: How goes the earth moving?
Earth all moved - supporting framework gear on order. If it comes this week we can start on Friday!
Post a Comment